Forms and Policies
Budget Users’ Group
The CUA Budget Users' Group (BUG) is a periodic meeting of campus business officers and administrators hosted by the Budget Office, intended to answer questions and disseminate information about University policies and procedures. Occasionally, a speaker from another University department is invited to give a short presentation on a relevant topic, which is then followed by a question and answer session, as well as announcements. Attendance is highly recommended.
There are several options for employees to gain knowledge regarding budgets and financial management.
1. Each fall, the University Budget Office offers group training sessions through our Budget Users' Group. Please take advantage of that opportunity if you have not done so.
2. Online training modules are available below.
3. You may also have colleagues within your department or division who are familiar with CUA systems and processes. Reach out to them for assistance.
4. If you have done all of the above and still need help, you may ask to set up a personal training session. Please contact Paula Blackwell for more information.
Online Training (University log-in required)
Module 1: Systems Overview and Gaining Access
- Systems used for Financial Planning and Budgeting Overview
- Gaining Access to Catholic U Financial Systems
Module 2: Running Reports
- Overview and Logging in
- How to run queries
- How to run nVision reports
- How to run an nVision DrillDown
- Common Issues with nVision Reports
Module 3: Core Reports
- Overview: Core Concepts: Encumbrances, Budgets, and Actuals
- nVision Report Headers and As-of-Date Timespans
- List of Core Reports
Frequently Asked Questions
Capital Projects Effort Certification Web Form